LAST WEEK: The Binghamton Senators (20-12-3-3, 46 pts.) split two home contests this past week, falling to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Friday night followed by a victory over Rochester on Saturday night to keep pace in the East Division standings.
FRIDAY, JAN. 9 vs. WILKES-BARRE/SCRANTON (4-2 L): The Penguins held the B-Sens top-ranked power play off the scoreboard, as the B-Sens were 0/5 on the night. Winger Greg Mauldin scored his fifth goal of the season for Binghamton. Denis Hamel netted his 10th marker and Peter Regin collected two assists. Defenseman Geoff Waugh added a helper for his first point of the season. Netminder Jeff Glass made 31 saves in the losing effort.
SATURDAY, JAN. 10 vs. ROCHESTER (4-2 W): The B-Sens continued their dominance over the North Division with a victory over Rochester to push their record to 10-1-1-1 against the division. Denis Hamel, Greg Mauldin and Peter Regin combined for three goals and seven assists. Defensemen Derek Smith buried his third goal of the season and Neil Petruic added an assist for the B-Sens. Binghamton put 46 shots on net, their second highest total this season. Hamel registered the first four-point game of the season for Binghamton, with two goals and two assists.
THIS WEEK: The B-Sens continue their eight-game home stand with their second straight game against Rochester (13-23-0-3, 29 pts.) on Wednesday night. Binghamton then faces two divisional opponents, first hosting Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (24-13-1-2, 51 pts.) on Friday night and finishing out the weekend with a visit from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (24-10-2-2, 52 pts.) on Saturday night.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 14 vs. ROCHESTER (7:05 p.m.): The Amerks have been hot of late, going 6-3-0-1 over their last 10 games. The B-Sens are 9-0-0-1 in their last 10 games against Rochester dating back to the beginning of the 2007-08 season. Rochester netminder Mike Brodeur continues to play well between the pipes for the Amerks, going 10-4-1 with a 1.94 goals-against-average and a .936 saves percentage in 15 games this season.
FRIDAY, JAN. 16 vs. WILKES-BARRE/SCRANTON (7:05 p.m.): The Penguins are 7-2-0-1 over their last 10 games including wins over Binghamton and first-place Hershey this past weekend. Sniper Chris Minard, who has 26 goals in 31 games, remains on recall with Pittsburgh. Janne Pesonen has six points (4+2) in four games against the B-Sens this season. Binghamton’s last hat trick (10/27/07) was in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton off the stick of Denis Hamel.
SATURDAY, JAN. 17 vs. BRIDGEPORT (7:05 p.m.): The B-Sens face the Sound Tigers for the seventh time this season (2-3-0-1). Left-winger Ilya Zubov has 10 points (3+7) in five games against Bridgeport this season. Former Sound Tiger Drew Fata buried a career-high two goals against his former team in the B-Sens 4-1 win on Dec. 20.
- Center Marc Cavosie played in his 300th AHL game on Friday, Jan. 9 against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Defenseman Drew Fata played in his 250th AHL game on Friday, Jan. 9 against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Right-winger Jeremy Yablonski played in his 200th AHL game on Friday, Jan. 9 against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Denis Hamel registered the first four-point (2+2) game for the B-Sens in Saturday’s 4-2 victory over Rochester.
- Peter Regin collected a career-high three assists in the B-Sens 4-2 win over Rochester on Saturday night.
- Greg Mauldin registered a season-high three points (1+2) in the B-Sens 4-2 win over Rochester on Saturday night.
- The B-Sens are a perfect 8-0-0-0 when they score four goals in a game.
B-SENS PRACTICE SCHEDULE:
- Monday, Jan. 12 10 a.m. @ BCVMA
- Tuesday, Jan. 13 10 a.m. @ BCVMA
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 10 a.m. game-day skate @ BCVMA
- Thursday, Jan. 15 10 a.m. @ BCVMA
- Friday, Jan. 9 10 a.m. game-day skate @ BCVMA
- Saturday, Jan. 10 10 a.m. game-day skate @ BCVMA
*All practice times and locations subject to change without notice*
POINTS: Shannon (10+16)
GOALS: Hamel (12)
ASSISTS: Karlsson (20)
POWER-PLAY GOALS: Hamel (8)
SHORT-HANDED GOALS: Bois (2)
GAME-WINNING GOALS: Hamel (5)
SHOTS: Hamel (126)
WINS: Glass (2)
SAVES: Glass (312)
GAA: Glass (3.88)
SAVE PERCENTAGE: Glass (.886)
B-SENS ON THE AIR: Catch all the action LIVE on WINR 680-AM & WENE 1430-AM, via webcast or streaming video cast at www.ahllive.com
B-SENS TICKET PACKAGES: 2008-09 full-season, half-season tickets, coupon books, 10-game, 5-game and 4-game plans are on sale. For information on ticket packages contact the Binghamton Senators’ executive office at (607) 722-SENS.