The Binghamton Senators hockey club today announced that they helped raise $103,148 for various non-profit and charitable organizations during the 2006-07 season. Some of the notable efforts from this past season were:
- $17,444 raised by the Binghamton Senators Booster Club’s 50-50 raffle benefiting the Southern Tier Hockey Association.
- $11,000 raised by the Second Annual Binghamton Senators Charity Golf Classic benefiting the Family Enrichment Network.
- $7,931 raised by the Broome Sports Foundation Auction benefiting local college-bound students with scholarships.
- $7,649 raised by the Chuck-A-Puck contest benefiting the Southern Tier Hockey Association and the BCC Foundation.
- $6,800 raised by the Special Olympics jersey auction benefiting Broome/Tioga Special Olympics.
- $6,702 raised by the Spaghetti on Ice dinner benefiting Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- $6,170 raised by the Face Off Against Cancer benefiting the American Cancer Society.
- $3,028 raised by the auction of ceramic plates decorated by Binghamton Senators’ players benefiting the Magic Paintbrush Project.
The fundraising efforts eclipsed last year’s totals by over $6,000. The Senators also donated over 1,200 tickets during the 2006-07 season.
“The Senators have the best community and fan support of any American Hockey League team,” said Tom Mitchell, the Senators executive vice president of operation. “It is important that the organization give the community the same level of support and dedication that it gives to us.”
Binghamton Senators’ season tickets are on sale!!! Fans can purchase tickets at the Binghamton Senators executive office, third floor of the Arena (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.), or by calling (607) 722-SENS.